"The flying Dutchman" - Robin Van Persie
After winning the last 3 international tournaments, it's safe to say everyone wanted to avoid Spain in the 2014 World Cup. Unfortunately, Holland were not so lucky as they were drawn in the same group for the summer tournament. And not long into their match, they found themselves 1-0 down to a Xabi Alonso penalty. Holland tried to respond, but Spain were solid at the back, well that was until just before half time. Daley Blind picks up the ball on the left wing half way up the pitch. It doesn't look too threatening, but then he unleashes a ball forward, aimed for a sprinting Robin Van Persie. The striker, who had scored some beautiful volleys in his time, knew he couldn't reach the ball with his famed left foot, so he leaps from the edge of the box, stretching his body as much as he can, and somehow makes one of the most beautiful headed connections with the ball. Casillas is helpless as the ball flies into the top corner, and so began the opening of the floodgates. The Netherlands would go on to win 5-1, and Van Persie's goal would be nominated for a Puskas award later that year.
About this t-shirt
This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
|Width (inches)||16 ½||18||20||22||24||26||28||30|